The Safe Children, Safe Schools Community brings together a large network of researchers, practitioners (NGOs) and policy makers who are committed to contributing towards child-centred risk reduction and resilience, and school safety. Like those of the Comprehensive School Safety framework, our goals are:
- To protect learners and education workers from death, injury, violence and harm in schools
- To plan for education and protection continuity, and limit disruptions to learning in the face of shocks, stresses, hazards and threats of all kinds
- To safeguard education sector investments
- To strengthen a culture of risk reduction and resilience through education
- To strengthen education system resilience, through participatory, risk-informed planning and capacity-development.